[Advaita-l] Tattvika nature of Sharadamba as understood by Bhagavatpadacharya and Padmapadacharya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 00:18:35 EST 2023

Sri Natraj Maneshinde's post
=============================
The form of Sharadamba is dear to all Advaitians. She is worshipped with
the deepest reverence in Shringeri Sharada peetham by the presiding
Acharyas. We firmly believe that Bhagavati Sharada was established in
Shringeri by Bhagavatpada Adi Shankaracharya himself and this form of Amba
was quite dear to him. But what textual evidence do we have to substantiate
this popular belief? This doubt is rendered insignificant by Bhagavatpada
himself in the very first verse of Prapanchasara tantra where he invokes
Bhagavati Sharadamba as the Jagat-karana-brahman. To our great fortune,
this Mangalacharana shloka has a commentary by Bhagavan Padmapadacharya ji,
the direct disciple of Bhagavatpada. In the tika, Padmapadacharya ji
refutes the views of other darshanas and establishes that Bhagavati
Sharadamba invoked here is verily the Brahman as understood in Advaita
Vedanta.
Given that our Acharyas beheld Sharadamba as the Shuddha Chaitanya which is
the adhishthana of Jagat, it is no wonder that we, their followers, are so
deeply inclined towards worshiping this particular swaroopa of Amba!
Below is the document which has a brief discussion on the Mangalacharana
shloka from Prapanchasara tantra and its commentary by Bhagavan
Padmapadacharya.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bOHd0pRiBWZ8AQIrkVv_6PHSk4gDakn9/view?usp=sharing
Many thanks to Shri Subrahmanian Vaidyanathan
<https://www.facebook.com/subrahmanian.vaidyanathan?__cft__[0]=AZU0Dhlu6tmWVJjm5lT5CSuczprWe3v3DzeO_Mv3XPgz8KINZidOcrb1Nn3rFyOGKStnrl40KxzL0IQBxk5YJyiWXHiq9I8u1bb4omNH5kInaHoVvfcKSrNTIXsOWzAbZTI&__tn__=-]K-R>
ji for helping me understand the shloka and the tika [image: 🙏🏻][image:
🙏🏻][image: 🙏🏻]