[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 06:35:23 EST 2023

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023, 2:15 pm Kaushik Chevendra, <chevendrakaushik at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But the Panchadashi says:entered the superior bodies like that of Vishnu.
>> How does one explain this?
>>

> What is there to explain in this context? The chaitanyam is what is
> present in all the devatas, humans etc.

The problem is: Brahman entering can happen only with reference to
body-mind complexes. If it has to enter Vishnu, he must have a body that is
created. Surely this is not about any avatara form. Have we heard anywhere
that Vishnu was created along with the other jivas?

The problem arises when we that due to this Vishnu becomes a jeeva.

> The Upanishad did not say this. Should one say that Swami Vidyaranya does
>> not know Vedanta?
>>

> The inference being pulled here that Vishnu is a jeeva is quite contrary
> to hundreds of statments made by madhushana Saraswati, sridhara swami,
> narayana bhatta, abhinava vidyatirtha swami, chandrashekhara Bharathi and
> finally our own bagavan shankaracharya.
> Should we say they don't know vedanta?
>
> Infact i had given numerous statments from gita bhasya, brahmasutra bhasya
> etc as to why the implication being bought about is not tenable. For which
> i haven't gita a response or an answer.
>
> How do we do the samanvaya of the Upanishad passage and what the
>> Panchadashi says?
>>

> We must do it a way where it's not contradicting logic or shankara bhasya.
> If not we can prefer to take the variant slokha which doesn't contain
> "Vishnu".

The variant reading is erroneous since it gives the wrong word at the end:
it aught to be martyatAm instead of devatAm. In any case the popular
commentary takes the first reading alone.

देवाद्युत्तमदेहेषु प्रविष्टो देवताभवत् ।
मर्त्याद्यधमदेहेषु स्थितो भजति देवताम् ॥ १०.२ ॥

Regards

subbu