[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 03:35:19 EST 2023

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 1:58 PM Kaushik Chevendra <
chevendrakaushik at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. *Entering the superior bodies like that of Vishnu, He became the
>> deities*;
>> and remaining in the inferior bodies like that of men He worships the
>> deities.  Panchadashi 1
>>

> There is no entering of isvara in anything. He is what is present
> everywhere. It's the nirguna brahman which is the akaryha chaitanyam
> present in all.

This is agreed but the Taittiriya vakya is: tat sruShTvA tadEvAnuprAvishat:
He created it and entered it. For this the Bhashya is: there is no physical
entering but only that the consciousness is 'available' there in the body
(inside the buddhi) for realization.  There is no problem here. But the
Panchadashi says:entered the superior bodies like that of Vishnu.  How does
one explain this? The Upanishad did not say this. Should one say that Swami
Vidyaranya does not know Vedanta?  How do we do the samanvaya of the
Upanishad passage and what the Panchadashi says?

regards
subbu