[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 03:19:52 EST 2023

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 12:14 PM Kaushik Chevendra <
chevendrakaushik at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Vishnu Purana and Shiva Purana both have this common idea: One
> Vishnu/Janardana or One Rudra/Shiva takes the form of the Trimurtis based
> on the Three gunas sattva, etc. for the three functions of creation, etc".
>
> If one reads or listens to the complete purana. This is not at all the
> tatparya being expounded.
> In both Shiva Purana and Vishnu Purana verily it's said one janardana or
> Shiva takes various roopas.
> But then again if one takes time to read the entire purana it's very clear
> that this "turiya" Vishnu/Shiva is non-different from the roopas they have
> assumed and not in control of some nirakara isvara having control of them.
> It's a genuine cherry picking of verses which is giving such problematic
> conclusions.
> The gita bhasya is very clear . Acharya says bagavan Vishnu(in this case
> because it's gita) is "eternally" possessing the control of Maya and
> Aishwarya independently, while in the BSB suryadi devatas are said to be
> given the Aishwarya by the lord.. He is"unborn" but appears to be born due
> to his own Maya(which is further explained by anandagiri). Rejecting any
> nonsense that at beginning of kalpa he is born.
> Both the puranas have said that the control of Maya rests with
> shiva\vishnu.
>
> If the intention is that advaita has no default form for isvara so that
> all the upasakas can worship their ishta let it be so. But saying statments
> that bagavan is under the control of someone, or he is born due to karma is
> ridiculous and veda virodha and more importantly shankara bhasya virodha

Actually, the bhashya concept of PrajApati status being attainable due to
sadhana, where the powers to create, sustain and dissolve, not just the
first, but the two also,  and the idea that such prajApati's loka is Satya
loka and that he is called Ishwara for with whom saguna upasakas going to
that loka attain sAyujya and enjoys the powers of that Prajapati except the
creation, etc. powers, gives credence to the conclusion: This PrajApati is
none other than the Vishnu and Rudra who have been assigned the powers to
sustain and dissolve. The creation power is with the prajapati/brahmaa
himself. That loka is also called Brahma loka by Shankara.  And the idea
that all upasakas go to that loka only also strengthens the idea that
prajapati is non-different from the trimurtis. That is why I had originally
asked: Is there an Ishwara above Prajapati? But Shankara says the Ishwara
Sayujya happens in Brahma loka and that loka will perish in maha pralaya
and that Prajapati will attain videha mukti.  Where will that supreme
Ishwara be if not in the Brahma loka? Will there be two Ishwaras there?

So, these questions are not yet clear for me. Hence I initiated this
topic.

regards
subbu