[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Wed Feb 8 22:19:23 EST 2023

praNAms Sri Suresh Prabhuji
Hare Krishna

IMO, as Ishwara is sarva shakta and sarva vyApi, he can be realised through any name/form.

>  Yes, since Ishwaratva in Ishwara does not stick to any particular form and ultimately niravayava, as per the demands or prayers or meditation of his / her sAdhaka-s he can assume any form and bless them.  As a matter of fact the very purpose of donning any upAdhi is just sAdhaka anugrahArthaM.  But as per the shAstravidhi and bhAshyakAra the upAsya devata should be as mentioned in scriptures.  That is the reason why an orthodox sanAtana dharmi (vaidika mArga anusAri) not supposed to do meditation on names and forms which don’t have place in scriptures.

But still tradition mainly considers Shiva/Vishnu as the deities stand for atma/truth and vishwa/dharma tattva respectively.
Realizing the identity between these two leads to true "selflessness" or Brahma bhAva.

>  what I am trying to say is when the realization takes place like complete brahma bhAva (without any trace of parichinnatva) he realizes what was / is / will be there is ONLY brahman and nothing but brahman.  In this state of realization not only shiva-vishNu abheda but there is absolutely no sense of duality whatsoever.  Neha nAnAsti kiMchana.

IMO Vishwaroopatva of Ishwara / Looking upon the entire universe as the body of Ishwara as described in BGita 11-13, is the stepping stone for Advaitic realization as it includes/intergrates all particulars.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar