[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

suresh srinivasamurthy sureshsmr at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:45:02 EST 2023

Namaste Advaitins,

Here is my 2 paise worth:

IMO, as Ishwara is sarva shakta and sarva vyApi, he can be realised through any name/form.

But still tradition mainly considers Shiva/Vishnu as the deities stand for atma/truth and vishwa/dharma tattva respectively.
Realizing the identity between these two leads to true "selflessness" or Brahma bhAva.

IMO Vishwaroopatva of Ishwara / Looking upon the entire universe as the body of Ishwara as described in BGita 11-13,
is the stepping stone for Advaitic realization as it includes/intergrates all particulars.

So whatever may be one's Ishta devata - it should be become the entire universe for the devotee.

तत्रैकस्थं जगत्कृत्स्नं प्रविभक्तमनेकधा ।
अपश्यद्देवदेवस्य शरीरे पाण्डवस्तदा ॥

Regards,
Suresh