[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 07:00:57 EST 2023

> ?     Ultimately jeeva-s!!??  kindly elaborate.  The Rigveda mantra ekaM
> sat viprA bahudA vadanti continues to say that : agni, yamaM
> mAtarishwAnamAhuH, those who have been addressed as : indra, mitra, varuNa,
> agni etc. behind all these there is only one reality.  So, I think your
> statement :  ultimately jeeva-s needs bit elaboration.

They are ultimately jeevas because they have temporary posts. Once they
complete their karma of being Indra, Brahma etc another jeeva attains that
post.
Such is not the case for isvara. Isvara is eternal and unchanging not a
post to be attained through punya karma unlike the others. In the gita
bhasya acharya mentions that isvara has the control of all the bhutas
starting from blade of grass to hiranyagarbha (the first born).
Hence in vyavahara the isvara and jeeva bheda is verily present.

Regards to the veda mantra,we can take gita here. Bagavan says all the
worship of devatas are actually of me. So it's isvara who is worshipped
through the devatas. The namas are of his. Hence the puranas and ithihasa
constantly say that the vedas contain the glory and greatness of isvara
alone.

The upasiddhAnta that I can draw from this is ( I may be wrong here)
> Ishwara's form or vyAkruta rUpa is restricted to some specified celebrities
> in celestial abode like devi, rAma, Krishna, shiva etc. but not IndrAdi
> devata.  If that is the case this difference between indrAdi devata
> (ultimately jeeva-s) and other main deva-devata  not something related to
> upAdhi but something else!!??  Or am I missing something here??  Please
> clarify.

This type of question was clarified by jagadguru abhinava vidyatirtha
swamin.
The indradi devatas aren't forms of isvara. Once again they are jeevas
only. It's not that "krishna" and "rama" are celebrated dieties rather they
are the forms of isvara. Various are his forms.
Hence the pancha Pooja is there.
Another way is that the devatas starting from brahma are affected by
avidya. Infact acharya Shankara states in his upanishad bhasya that brahma
is afflicted with fear etc. In the case of isvara, he is perfect and not
affected by avidya.