[Advaita-l] [advaitin] rAma-krishna-shiva-durga etc. are not same in shAstric vyavahAra!!!

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Mon Feb 6 06:45:18 EST 2023

praNAms Sri Venkataraghavan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thank you. Yes there is tAratamyatA among the deva-s - ie agni, indra, all the way up to hiraNyagarbha - because they are all ultimately jIva-s.

?     Ultimately jeeva-s!!??  kindly elaborate.  The Rigveda mantra ekaM sat viprA bahudA vadanti continues to say that : agni, yamaM mAtarishwAnamAhuH, those who have been addressed as : indra, mitra, varuNa, agni etc. behind all these there is only one reality.  So, I think your statement :  ultimately jeeva-s needs bit elaboration.

However there is no tAratamyatA among various forms of Ishvara. The devI being worshipped during navarAtrI is equal to Shiva being worshipped during shivarAtri who is equal to the Rama being worshipped during rAmanavamI - both are forms of Ishvara only, but a particular name and form of the Ishvara is being worshipped there, for ease of worship.

?     The upasiddhAnta that I can draw from this is ( I may be wrong here) Ishwara's form or vyAkruta rUpa is restricted to some specified celebrities in celestial abode like devi, rAma, Krishna, shiva etc. but not IndrAdi devata.  If that is the case this difference between indrAdi devata (ultimately jeeva-s) and other main deva-devata  not something related to upAdhi but something else!!??  Or am I missing something here??  Please clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar