[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Does the mukta/jnani see the world?

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 20:32:42 EST 2023

Namaste Srinath ji.

The basic question remains. How can one know that he is not dreaming right
now. How can he be sure that it is not a dream within dream within dream ad
infinitum.

Let us be very clear. There is no means to know that we are not dreaming
right now.

And this is a sufficient reason to conclude that one can not posit anything
which is non-dream. Even sushupti also becomes dream just as the sushupti
within dream was nothing but dream.

ShAstra is part of dream. Just as it was part of dream within dream within
dream. So, neither Madhva nor Shankara nor Rigveda nor BrihadAraNyaka nor
BhAgavata PurANa can help us in any manner in this respect. In other
aspects, what and of how much use they are, we can discuss some other time.

Regards.