[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Does the mukta/jnani see the world?

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 22:23:23 EST 2023

Namaste Sri. Raghav-ji,

On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 9:24 PM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Srinath ji
> As you know, in the vaitathya prakaraNam, we have the prasiddha hetu,
> dRshyatvAt mithyAtvam etc., with the shloka "vaitathyam sarvabhAvAnAm
> svapna AhurmanIshinaH".
>
> Would you agree that, that yukti of Sri Gaudapada, establishing the
> ontological equivalence of waking and dream, is sound?

The hEtu "dRshyatvAt" used in that anumAna is under tension with Sri
GaudapadAchrya's guru Sri.Veda Vyasa's sUtra II.2.26 "Om naasatOdrishTatvAt
Om".  Although Acharya Shankara's reading of that sUtra is a diffrent
context and nothing to do with mithyatvam of this jagat, but the very hEtu
he uses to refute  Bauddhas (Vainasikas) is the same "dRshyatvAt". Not that
I am invoking the authority of Vyasa or Shankara, but there exist a
disagreement on the hEtu itself in the tradition.

Regards,
SV