[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Does the mukta/jnani see the world?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Wed Dec 20 04:18:31 EST 2023

praNAms Sri Srinath Vedagarbha prabhuji ( just typing your name ‘vedagarbha’ gives me goosebumps, I don’t know why!!)
Hare Krishna

avasthAtraya mithyatva or adhyArOpitatva is drive home the point that Atman / brahman is neither antaHprajna nor bahirprajna etc. and he is avasthAteeta.  It is in this sense there is similarity between jaagrat prapancha and Svapna prapancha and both are adhyArOpita on brahman as he is ultimately nirguNam, shAntaM, advaitam and prapanchOpashamanaM.   It is in this sense again the dream world too presents an exact replica of waking world.  Anyway queries with regard to this is countered by asking : you are asking this question in dream or waking??  You may / will do same things in dream also without doubting that you are in dream!!  KathOpanishad  mantra :  svapnAntaM jAgaritAntaM chObhaU yenAnupashyati etc. supports this view point.  But it is not at all there to belittle the Ishwara srushti which we experience in jAgrat Avastha.  To experience the mithyatva of jagrat Avastha and relevant prapacha we have to ‘wake up’ to the higher reality insists bhAshyakAra.  It is in this sense only bhAshyakAra explains there is paramArtha in Ishwara srushti whereas jeeva mAnasa Kalpita Svapna prapancha there is not even an iota of paramArtha!!...But some pundits are of the opinion that these things have been said maNdAdhikAri-s keeping in mind SDV and they have to elevate themselves to next level i.e. DSV and finally ajAtavAda etc.  So each and every  quotes/siddhAnta in bhAshya according to them is ranked and anything that said in SDV is not good for mOksha 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar