[Advaita-l] atman and isvara

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:36:12 EDT 2023

Namaste.
Someone had given me a upamana of isvara and Maya.
A jeevatma is the Atman but the body/Manas etc are under his control, i.e
he has the power to do actions. But in reality he is a mere witness as the
chaitanya.
Isvara too has the same superimposition with his gunas of jnanaishwarya
Shakthi etc. He has his Maya under his control as it's superimposed on him.
Just as the jeevatma has the body superimposed on him, isvara too has such
gunas. But in reality he too never does any action.
The nirguna brahman coming in contact with Maya and possessing the superior
upadhis becomes isvara. And possessing the interior gunas becomes the
jeevatamas. Leading to the ruler and ruled(BSB bhasya) while it does
nothing. As the body is under the control of jeeva so is the world in
control of isvara as he is the nimmita karana.
So that Atman has the form of nirakara nirguna where it remains as the mere
witness. When in possession of Maya becomes the nirakara saguna isvara. And
possessing a form for the bakthas becomes the saguna sakara roopam.
If any errors or additions the elders can correct me.

Namo narayana

On Wed, 19 Apr, 2023, 6:37 pm Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l, <