[Advaita-l] Chitta vRutti nirOdha

Vikas Rao vikas5678 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:45:46 EDT 2022

Namaste,

This is pointed out by Ramana Maharishi due to the fact that when the state
of 'chitta vritti nirodha' ends and the yogi rises from samadhi, there is
still the mental activity in response to the ever-changing body-mind-world
complex, which can continue to create suffering for the yogi. Even in the
yoga sutras, Viveka khyati is means for ending suffering (YS Ch 2:26).
Again, in the yoga sutras, chapter 4 ends with a definition of Kaivalyam
which they define as resting in the state of the seer unaffected by the
changing gunas. It seems to be this is not inconsistent with what the
Maharishi says in the text you quoted.

Vikas

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 6:04 AM sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <