[Advaita-l] Srimad ParamahaMsa ParivrAjakAchAryavaryavarya

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jul 31 10:05:40 EDT 2022

Dear Bhaskarji,                           I will write about "Yati Dharma Peadeepika" separately, but here is some close answer for this query.BTW, I don't know sanyasi-s chAturmAsya vrata ( now going on) is a vidhi or optional.  And I also want to know ( just for the academic purpose) whether BTW, I don't know sanyasi-s chAturmAsya vrata ( now going on) is a vidhi or optional.  And I also want to know ( just for the academic purpose) whether chaturAmnaya mutts have their own guidelines to follow sannyasa dharma.

Chaturmasya Vrata is not an optional, it is definetly a Vidhi as per Shnakra's Dasanami Sampradaya. That could be the reason , ireespective of the non-coperation of Health, Sringer Peethasdhi pathi himself performing the continious, uninterrupted 48th Chaturmasya Vrata Puja. His perceptor might have instructed him to follow this sampradaya even under non-coperative conditions.
 chaturAmnaya mutts have their own guidelines to follow sannyasa dharma.
Yes, Indeed, It has certain guidelines, like Eka Bhouktha (only one time meal) & in the night, I learnt that the Sringer Peethadipathi only Takes a MILK after the chandramouliswarappuja.
However, guidelines may differ from Sampradaya to sampradaya.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara