[Advaita-l] Request for word by word translation of Shankara Bhashya for Gita

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 14:03:38 EDT 2022

 Pranam,
I read some of Panoli's translations. He biased against varna by birth and has anti-Braahamana tinge in his writings.
Ravi Chandrasekhara
    On Saturday, July 9, 2022 at 04:11:21 AM CDT, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 Namaste,

On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 1:17 PM Michael Chandra Cohen <
michaelchandra108 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any opinions on the best/most accurate word for word English translation
> between Sastri, Gambhirananda, Warrier or Panoli?
>
>> <listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org>

I've read a bit of Panoliji and maybe peeked into others, but I prefer Sw.
Gambhiranandaji, perhaps because I have read quite a lot of his
translations before i learnt Sanskrit. IMO, one would always like to see
some words over others in any translation, but for the most part, Swamiji
has used very good words. Further, he appears to be a purist to me, because
even if he had to add anything, be it from Anandagiritika, it is in the
footnotes and not mixed up with bhAShya.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */