[Advaita-l] Fwd: Atman, Ever the Present

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Dec 5 18:46:31 EST 2022

 Dear Sri Kaushik Chevendra,
Why do you bring in Ishvara into picture?Ishvara is parokSha.Atman is sAkshAt and aparOkShAt.Please confine yourself to Atman only in your replies.Kindly know the meaning and spirit of the following words of Sruti :Mantravit &Atmavit; SrOtRiyam & brahmaniShTham .The words uttered by one who is only an information provider
are of no use at all to a genuine student of Vedanta.Please study the following :
(1)Sri Shankara’scommentary to mantra 2-2 0f Kena Upanishad :

EvaM  AcAryOktaH SiShyaH  EkaNtE  upaviShTaH samAhitaH san yathOktamAcAryENa Agamam arthatO vicArya, tarkataScanirdhArya SsvAnUBavaM  kRutvA  AcAryasakASamupagamyOvAca  manyE ahamathEdAniM viditaM brahmEti ||

(2)vEdAhamEtaMpuruShaM mahaM-

      tamAdityavarNaM tamasaH parastAt ||

I know the greatPurusha, who is luminous, like the sun and beyond darkness.

[Svetasvatara Upanishad;3-8]

(3) aNuHpanthA vitataH purANO

mAgMspRuShTaH anuvittO mayyaiva ||
[BruhadaranyakaUpanishad 4-4-8]
The above have a bearing upon my posting.
With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy.