[Advaita-l] Pratyavaha

Anand N anand.natampalli at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 10:02:28 EDT 2022

Namaste,

Failure to do the nitya karma is said to lead to Pratyavaha Dosha.
I have understood this to be from the purva mimamsa and is also accepted by
Advaitins.
I also hear, for e.g. that the current state of the environment is because
humans became greedy
and do not follow any of the samanya dharma, which has led to Pratyavaha.

But I have also heard that Sankara rejects this in the final analysis.
Now I want to understand the context in which it is being rejected.
Is it because, from no action being done, there cannot be a negative effect
of Pratyavaha?
Is it like saying, I did not do anything either right or wrong, hence there
can be no effect of
dosha being born out of it?

Is there a clear standpoint as to if it is accepted or rejected by
Advaitins?

Om Namo Narayanaya,
Anand