[Advaita-l] [ADMIN] Gmail saga continues but hopefully fixed for good

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Apr 12 02:36:37 EDT 2022

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022, Sivanar via Advaita-l wrote:

> Beloved Jaladharji,
> SAdara praNAm,
> There are anti-Hindu and anti-Indian
> minds intending to interfere with our activities.
> Hence can we have an alternate
> pro-Indian mail also to transact so that
> in the future, such problems can be easily solved.
> Please just think over including one more mail
> in parallel.

Advaita-L has come under attack from hackers in the past but in this case
it was more due to misunderstanding than malice.  I must say if you can
actually get through to a human being, the gmail support are very helpful.
The biggest problem for large and small email providers alike is junk
mail.  There is a constant arms race between us and the purveyors of spam,
scams, viruses etc.  Gmail recently deployed some countermeasures which
will help (atleast until the next round) but accidently cast the net too
wide and blocked legitimate email like ours.  Now that I have followed
their advice this won't be a problem anymore.

For a long time you used to be able to read (but not send) advaita-l
messages through a service called gmane but I see it is not operational
anymore.  (So I better remove it from the footer then.)  It maybe possible
to do something similar with another service but I haven't researched it.