[Advaita-l] New member introduction

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Apr 4 00:42:05 EDT 2022

Greg Levenski
-------------

Its been a few years since i became familiar with advaita vedanta. I haven't
gone through any major texts like that of Shankara or Gaudapada. Most of my
limited knowledge of advaita comes from online articles, videos and
discussions.

What i really like about Advaita is that, in this school, the dependency on a
separate entity, God or deity for our liberation is not the primary goal. I'm
aware that many advaitins practice bhakti (worship a separate deity) but as
far as my knowledge goes, its just for the purification of the heart and is a
preparatory step for the ultimate non-dual teachings of Brahman. Pursuing this
knowledge one will get to know he/she is none other than Brahman (aham
brahmasmi) and finally it will lead to enlightenment.

Since i don't have a complete knowledge of what Advaitins believe and
practice, i would like to subscribe to advaita-vedanta.org and take part in
the question-answer sessions to increase my knowledge. :=)