[Advaita-l] A FB post on Adishankara's statue at Kedarnath

Mano.Manoharan mano.k.manoharan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 08:32:49 EST 2021

I am conscious that, One needs to be cautious when drawing parallels, in
particular with sensitive topics ..however, there is a saying "no one is a
prophet in their own land". A version of this is mentioned in Christian
literature, in relation to Jesus Christ.

It is not an excuse or explanation but I think it's tragic when something
like this happens. Though on the bright side, a "side-effect" of this is
that Adi Shankara now belongs to the *whole world *not just my beloved
Kerala.

I am confident that in time, maybe not in our lifetime, Shankara's Advaitic
teachings will long outlast any transient political or religious
Ideologies
*Mano K Manoharan*

On Tue, 9 Nov 2021 at 21:25, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <