[Advaita-l] Commentary on Ramana's Forty Verses

Akilesh Ayyar ayyar at akilesh.com
Thu Jun 17 22:23:49 EDT 2021

There's no evidence that Ramana buys into Sri Vidyaranya's idea that the
so-called gyanimatra then requires physical sannyasa to complete things. He
never says this *anywhere* and actively discourages the idea that sannyasa
is some kind of requirement.

He never states or says that physical sannyasa is necessary to "steady the
mind."
ᐧ

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 5:54 PM S Jayanarayanan via Advaita-l <