[Advaita-l] Commentary on Ramana's Forty Verses

Akilesh Ayyar ayyar at akilesh.com
Wed Jun 16 22:23:03 EDT 2021

Namaste Kathirasan,

In BG 18:73, Arjuna says: “Destroyed is delusion, and I have gained
recognition through thy Grace, O Achyuta. I am firm, with doubts gone. I
will do Thy word.”

Sankara’s bhashya on this sloka says: “Recognition: of the true nature of
the Self. When this recognition is obtained, then will all the ties of the
heart be loosened.—This questioning and answering about the destruction of
delusion shows conclusively what the purpose of a knowledge of the teaching
of the whole sastra is, namely, the destruction of delusion and the
attainment of a recognition of the Self….Arjuna means to say “Through Thy
Grace I have achieved the end of life; I have naught to do'”

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 10:09 PM K Kathirasan via Advaita-l <