[Advaita-l] Is Advaita a Framework?

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 05:57:34 EDT 2021

Namaste Subbu ji
It was an interesting reference from shri vidyAraMya's dIpikA(?) that the
shaivAgama categories like nAda, bindu, kaLA etc, are compatible with
Advaita sRShTi prakriya as referring to the earliest stages prior to even
aakaasha creation.

Also, I understand the quote of Acharya Sriharsha refers to any one Advaita
prakriyA advancing arguments against certain ideas asserted in another
Advaita prakriyA even while aiming to convey the same aikya-GYAnam.

As in -
"It is the folly of someone if he attaches himself with something, some
'ism'. Sriharsha, the author
of the 'Khandana-khanda-khAdya' says:
अभीष्टशसद्धावशप खंडनानांअखशडडराज्ञाशमव नैवमाज्ञा ।
तताशन कस्मान्न याशभलाषंसैद्धाशन्तके ऽप्यध्वशन योजयध्वम्॥
[Though what is intended is secured by the arguments refuting the other
schools, they are not like an
edict of a king who is deemed to be above it. Therefore, there is no reason
as to why they
(arguments) may not be levelled as desired, even against the path
delineated by the siddhAnta.]
Shankaracharya has said in the adhyAsa bhAshya: All shAstra-s, including
those directed at teaching
the means for moksha, belong to the realm of avidya. And that includes
'advaita' as a framework."

Om
Raghav

On Fri, 23 Jul, 2021, 3:14 pm V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <