[Advaita-l] analogy

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 23:44:33 EDT 2021

Here is a small analogy that had come up in my mind with regards to the
different states of reality-

With respect to us,when we are on land, there appear to be many seas and
oceans. It's evident from the fact that there is a water body in
kanyakumari and another waterbody on the beach of vizag.  Also another
water body located near another country. The sea water appears to be salty
where as the ocean water seems to be fresh. It's only logical to assume
these are different from each other.
Yet, when seen from the standpoint of space, these all waterbodies are just
one. The don't even have any parts or division and all are one huge
waterbody. The duality of it is only visible from the standpoint of land.
In the same way there is duality seen from the vyavaharika view point, but
from the standpoint of paramarthika it's only one.