[Advaita-l] Shabda-ajanya-vritti-vishayatva of tuchch

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 02:52:32 EST 2021

Namaste.

Reg  << The abhAva being bhAvAtmaka is acceptable to us, but not the
opponent. So
Shankaracharya's bhAShya cannot be invoked as support for it when directing
the argument against such an opponent  >>,

Is this BhAshya portion BSB 1-2-1  applicable in respect of tuchcha which
is devoid of any substratum ?. My understanding is that abhAva is relevant
in accordance with this ONLY in respect of objects having a substratum.

regards

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 10:34 AM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <