[Advaita-l] New members

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Aug 3 02:23:05 EDT 2021

On Tue, 3 Aug 2021, Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l wrote:

> My name is Gabriel from Manila, Philippines.
>
> In my search of knowing myself, I came to know my birth moon which is hasta
> nakshatra in 4th pada with the motivation to attain moksha, liberation from
> samsara in this lifetime by studying jhana marga.
>
> I learned that a master or guru is really important to guide me in my seach -
> that pointed me in this site to understand more on the Advaita Vedanta
> philosophy.
>
> Thank you and I hope that more light will be shared by the members of this
> group.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Gabriel

Hello Gabriel, as a result of the merit gained over many lifetimes it
looks like you have developed a yearning for liberation in this life time.
Good for you!  Even with a natural inclination it is a difficult goal not
reached by many but there is no like time like the present.  You are right
that finding a guru is a must.  That's going to very difficult in your
current location.  I recommend you visit India if you haven't already.
Books and Internet sites can be helpful but they are not (even this one)
substitutes for a personal relationship with someone who is both shrotriya
(educated in the Vedanta shastra) and brahmanishtha (established in
Brahman.)