[Advaita-l] Penumbral Eclipses

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 23:43:38 EST 2020

Namaste
On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 7:35 AM Ravisankar Mayavaram via Advaita-l <

> Why is that (some) temples in the  US observe totally penumbral eclipses
> and do grahaNa shanti etc.? It is like taking antibiotics even though
> you have no bacterial infection. Please correct me if I am wrong. I feel
> some of the things like doing pitR tarpaNa etc. during that time may not
> even be warranted.
>
> Is my understanding wrong?

It is a money making scheme only. The priests want to earn some money.
The doctors also want to make money to prescribe medicines when there is no
infection.
When there is real Grahana some people don't follow any rules in taking
food and drinks.
That is the one extreme.  Following Grahana rules when there is no Grahana
is the other extreme.

> Thank you.
> Ravi

Regards