[Advaita-l] Jaati in Advaita

Sri B sriadvaitam at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:06:03 EDT 2020

Namaskaram:

Sadanand, my understanding is all the three - perception, cognition and recognition - are at the realm of sense organs, the mind and the intellect, basically limited to sthula and sukshma sarira. Interaction begins with perception by sense organs; followed by cognition (validation by the intellect) and translates to either recognition or non-recognition which is again expressed by the sense organs. In the example you have provided, I see a person - this is perception by the eyes; memory failure(incomplete in data stored) is cognition process not validating what was perceived and the reaction thereof is non-recognition. In the second example, seeing is again perceived by the eyes, cognition is valid i.e. intellect confirms based on prior data/experience and then the recognition is the identification as ‘snake’.

Regards
Sridhar