[Advaita-l] Relation between the object and its attributes

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 10:28:26 EDT 2020

PraNams
Posting to the group at large.
Hari Om!Sadananda

    On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 04:58:55 PM GMT+5:30, Kuntimaddi Sadananda <kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Ragavji - PraNams
Thanks for your explanation. I understand from the point of cause-effect relationships.
Looks like we are out of the list. Hence ccing to Chandramouliji also.
At the empirical level, where pramaanas operate, we are looking at Redness as a property of a given pot that differs from the blueness of another pot. Is there a kaaraya kaarana sambandha for Redness and pot? I can appreciate pot - clay in terms of vaacharambhanam that Shruti talks about as one of the examples.
As Shree Chandramouliji says, if the relationship between the guna and substance is taken from Meemaamsa-position, they have different categories - substance, quality, action, universals, and non-existent while rejecting samavaayu sambandha of Nyaaya Vaisheshika.
 Father Devadatta compared son Devadatta - are only relationships with reference to the related only, at an empirical level.  There is no superimposed error involved at that level to bring in adhyaasa.
The whole thing is adhyaasa only from the point of paaramaarthika point where I see that vaacharambhanam sloka is relevant.
For me, it is not clear.
Anyway thanks for your help.
Hari Om!Sadananda