[Advaita-l] Relation between the object and its attributes

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Wed May 20 09:43:30 EDT 2020

 Dear Sri Raghav Kumar Dwivedula,Kindly refer to your posting dated May 19,2020.
Please permit me to draw your kind permission
to the following Shruti mantrasand to the commentaries by Sri Shankara.This was sent to  friend of mine
who is also a member of this group.

Quote :
The Advaitic position is this:ahamEvEdagM sarvam || Chandogya 7-25-1AtmaivEdagM sarvam || Chandogya  7-25-2Atmata Eva idagaM sarvam || Chandogya 7-26-1
Sri Shankara writes in his commentaries to
Brahmasutra 3-2-19, BruhadaraNyaka mantra 2-1-19
and Bruhadaranyaka mantra 2-4-6:(1) AtmA sarvagatatvAt sarvAnanyatvAcca || Brahmasutra 3-2-19(2) AtmavyatirEkENa vastvantarABAvAt || BruhadaraNyaka 2-1-19(3) na hi AtmavyatirEkENa anyat kiMcit asti || Bruhadaranyaka 2-4-6
In the Light of the above teachings What relationship can exist between the object and its attributes which are nothing but appearances as per the Chandogya Sruti which says vAcAramBaNaM vikArO nAmadhEyam .Unquote.The truth about the above teachings can be verified
and realised within oneself by oneself
by adopting the avastharaya prakriye as taught by Srutiand Sri Shankara only.
and can arrive at the understanding
brahmaivedagM visvaM variShTham as taught inMundaka Upanishad.

With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy