[Advaita-l] A question on a dialogue in the Madhaviya

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 00:41:15 EDT 2020

Namaste

Sannyasa is the last Ashrama before death. But a Brahmachari can enter
Sannyasa if he has Vairagya and necessary qualities. In very ancient time
Rishis were also married even though they did Tapas. Many Rishis like
Vasistha, Atri and Gautama were married. What is wrong in Siva doing Tapas
and marrying?

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 5:51 AM Sarvam Khalvidam Brahma via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Subbuji.
> From the Puranas we know that Lord Shiva performed austerities as an
> ascetic for a long time, and afterwards he took Grhasthasrama with Mother
> Parvati. How is this instance considered in tradition? Is it treated as an
> exception to the below dharma?
> [Advaita-l] A question on a dialogue in the Madhaviya Shankara Vijaya*V
> Subrahmanian* v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
> <advaita-l%
> 40lists.advaita-vedanta.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BAdvaita-l%5D%20A%20question%20on%20a%20dialogue%20in%20the%20Madhaviya%20Shankara%0A%20Vijaya&In-Reply-To=%3CCAKk0Te1GS5V%2B1ksdFop%3DYxkeKoHUzjGNQQkNpD%2BcOeOAGrOSbg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
> >
> *Fri May 8 03:06:44 EDT 2020*

>    Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesha and Subramanya
>    <
> https://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2020-May/054416.html>
>    Madhaviya Shankara Vijaya
>    <
> https://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2020-May/054417.html>
>    <
> https://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2020-May/date.html#54412
> >
>     [ thread ]
>    <
> https://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2020-May/thread.html#54412
> >
>     [ subject ]
>    <
> https://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2020-May/subject.html#54412
> >
>     [ author ]
>    <
> https://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2020-May/author.html#54412

> Such a version would open the case of the Sannyasin taking up the life of a
> householder. This is not permitted in Dharma, as we know, even from
> Shankara's own Sutra Bhashya.
>
> warm regards
> subbu

Regards