[Advaita-l] A replica of Adhyasa Bhashya in the Gita Bhashya13.26

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:58:58 EDT 2020

Namaste Chandramouli ji
In my previous mail I had interchanged the two ideas mentioned by you.. My
apologies for the same. To set things right you can ignore my last mail
altogether.

In order to check if I got you right -
You wrote that
jIva Ishvara bheda adhyAsa is smRitirUpa paratra pUrva dRShTAvabhAsaH? And
this is also the same as vishaya dharma-s of mortality, smallness etc.,
superimposed on the viShayin? We superimpose alpatvaM and martyatvaM
(viShaya dharmas) on viShayI leading to the viShayI being considered
different from Ishvara.

If this is correct, then -

This smRiti-rUpa definition does not apply to the case of viShayI dharmas
of ananda etc., superimposed on viShayas?  My past habits/memories of
taking Ananda as coming from an object makes me again and again go after
the object for Ananda. Can we not apply smRiti rUpa paratra
pUrvadRShTAvabhAsaH for the adhyAsa of ananda etc., on objects?

Thank you for your inputs.

Om