[Advaita-l] SATCHIDANANDENDRA WORKS-Orthodoxy?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 02:17:24 EDT 2020

Pranams Sadananda Ji,

Reg  << Hence 'I am = this' is a notion that develops in the mind >>,

My understanding is the same.

Reg  << It is to that mind, instructions are to go a teacher to learn the
facts - tat vijnaasaswa - tat vijnaaraatham gurum eva abhigacchet.. etc >>,

This is where I believe there could be a difference in understanding. In my
understanding, the wrong notion which had appeared in the mind is due to
the veiling of the Atman/Brahman (which by its very nature is ever
revealing as you have stated) by ajnAna/avidyA. Therefore no amount of
instructions of any kind to the mind is of any help. What needs to be done
is destruction of the veil of ajnAna/avidyA. That is what is achieved by
the mahA vAkya. However in order to enable this, no doubt the mind has to
be cleaned up. But the cleaning up does not by itself result in the
destruction of the veil of ajnAna/avidyA covering the Ever Revealing
Atman/Brahman. This is my understanding.

Regards

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>