[Advaita-l] Why did Brahman create the world?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 21:29:02 EST 2020

Very interesting insights. However, avidya, rather its effects, is
experienced in the antahkaraNam.  And the remedy is to generate vidya
(vritti) in the antahkaranam alone. In the Vivekachudamani the idea '
कार्यनाशात्  कारणनाशः' is taught, though with respect to the vāsanā
management. Yet, this is universally true.  In the Bh.Gita bhashya famous
dialogue on 'Whose is avidya?' also is pertinent in this discussion. Since
avidya is experienced as 'vishaya' by the Vishayi the sakshi, it clearly
comes out as anaatmaa. Thus we have avidya being experienced in its kaarya,
the antahkaranam.

Sri MDS once gave a verse which says:  The pot, though gets produced in
space, even as the process is on, a pot-space too gets produced.

So the antahkaranam, jiva, even while gets produced, in/due to  avidya,
also has the 'space' for avidya in it.    This, of course, is not the same
as 'antahkaranam/jiva being the vishaya for avidya.'   Avidya, still,
conceals the muula Brahman, which is why jiva experiences paricchinnataa,
etc. that are characters of samsara.  But this concealment is to be
addressed, by default, only on the arena of antahkaranam where alone it is
experienced.

warm regards
subbu

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 1:43 AM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <