[Advaita-l] Fwd: A fine passage and commentary for contemplation of 'Everything is Brahman indeed'

Ryan Armstrong ryanarm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 05:15:16 EST 2020

Namste Dear Subbu and group
What perfect timing!
I am just completing a weeks' satsanga where the passage on which we are
practising shravanam, mananam and nidhidhyasanam is the last part of this
verse (from sarvam tat...)

What has been observed is the complete objectivity of the mahavaakya.
The other 3 all have some pronoun (aham, ayam or tvam) where the
mahavaakya is "personal"
With प्रज्ञानम् ब्रह्म the is no such usage.
The beauty of the practise of चिन्तन on this passage is that the mind is
left with nothing to work out, just appreciation of the Truth of the sruti.
Even ideas of liberation disappear as the import of the mahavaakya is
allowed to clean the mind of its rubbish, and come to test in the sound of
the sruti.

What immense gratitude is felt to all those who have brought the tradition
to the modern world!

श्री गुरुभ्यो नमः

Ryan

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 at 14:55, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <