[Advaita-l] GURU Principle

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 25 01:51:43 EDT 2019

Dear Sir,
               I will try to give more inputs from the Kulaguru of the Invamsam Dayansty i,e Sage Vassita's view for enlightenment & realization from the Yoga Vaista Saramsa.

That perfect awakening is attained by a careful investigation of this scriptures constantly, day and night, not by pilgrimage nor by charity, not by acquiring knowledge nor by the practice of meditation or yoga, not by austerity (penance) nor by religious rites. By none of these methods does illusion come to an end. They only lead to heaven and such other rewards, not to liberation. Delusion ends only when self knowledge arises in one who has carefully studied and investigated this scriptures and assimlated its knowledge & implimentation which can ONLY leads to advatic path. .It is by self-knowledge or enlightenment that these three (the mind, the objects of perception and the body) will reach a quiescent state of equanimity, not otherwise.

 By a mere study of this scripture that ignorance is dispelled. The beauty in this scripture is that its student is not abandoned to his despair; if something is not clear in the first instance, a further study of the scripture makes it clear. This scripture dispels delusion and enables you to realize that the ordinary life itself is the supreme state.

Therefore, one should study at least a small para of the scripture’s like Gita, yogavasistaa, Ramayana/bhagavata/bharata to assimilate its knowledge daily. If, however, one thinks it is not authoritative because it is of human origin, one can resort to the study of any other scripture dealing with self-knowledge and final liberation. But one should not waste one’s lifetime by reading the scriptures like novels.

 When there is full awakening, the dullness of intelligence comes to an end. Then liberation
which is formless, peaceful and real comes into being. Knowledge does not have an object to know. Knowledge is independent and eternal; It is beyond description and definition. When this truth is directly realized there is perfect knowledge.

Full awakening or enlightenment is Knowledge. Its contemplation is the means to such awakening. There is in reality no division between knowledge and the object of knowing.
 It is on account of the deluded belief that there is something other than knowledge,
something outside of itself, that the division has arisen. In fact, there is nothing either inside or outside

The awakening or the enlightenment happens by itself, just like the sun’s brilliance at noon. All cravings and desires come to an end in the awakened person; therefore nirvana arises in him without his desiring it. He is forever engaged in meditation, he is always established in his own real nature: therefore he does not seek anything or reject anything. Like a lamp in whose light all actions take place and in which the lamp itself is not interested, he lives and acts but is free from volition. This samsara is full of sorrow; nirvana is absolute coolness. The latter alone is the reality, the former is not. Like the uncarved figures that exist in a piece of wood, this samsara exists in the infinite consciousness , which is indivisible but experienced diversely by diverse beings, each of whom carves out of it, as it were, what he desires, whether it is pleasure or liberation. However, all these are in essence the reality itself, even as the carved figures are in essence non-different from the wood. The life or death of relatives seen in a dream has no effect on oneself after awakening from sleep; even so the enlightened ones are unaffected by the world-appearance. When all this is seen as the one infinite consciousness, there is no room for delusion.

There is End to craving. End to craving intensifies awakening or enlightenment; and the latter intensifies the End to craving.  The hall-mark of enlightenment is this End to craving. When the latter is absent, there is no enlightenment but scholastically which is in fact ignorance or viciousness. If these two do not promote each other, then they are obviously unreal and absent. The perfect End to craving born of the perfect enlightenment, itself is known as liberation. When this is attained, one does not grieve even though continuing to live. For one who rests in his own self and rejoices in the self, in whom cravings have ceased and egosense is absent, life becomes non-volitional and there is perfect purity. One in millions, however, is able to reach this unconditioned state of pure being. (VI.2:194).

My Humble suggestion to all the sincere Disciples  is that if we can't do any of the above activities, Just do one thing is that SERVE SERVE SERVE to that Lotus feet of your Preceptor (it may be your Guru/master/mother/father) SELFLESSLY and see you face in that service and I am sure you can see yourself shining or awakened in that seva Bhava and Off course what ever I could able to write/tell/ understand from these many days  with this attitude ONLY although I dont know any thing.

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu

Kameswara