[Advaita-l] GURU Principle

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 17 23:11:47 EDT 2019

 We can not say to our guru, see you have initiated me one year back and today is the last day i.e. 365th day, if I don’t get the enlightenment before mid-night today your term as guru is over, from tomorrow onwards you are no more my guru.

Your lighter vein made me lough through the night and made my satsang group people laughter in the early morning and served as a method of laughing Therapy.
Then coming back to the issue:
If he really a brahmanishta guru and his external behavior is suspicious and if we go by ONLY his external attitude we may miss the opportunity to serve the real guru.

I fully agree with you here to missing the opportunity to serve the guru by seeing his external attitude. Here I have few examples is support of your view.  One was you mentioned previously to me can't we identify some thing objective in king janaka & his Brahmman knowledge which he wants to convay to the generations. In this aspect, I bipassed this view and started seeing him as human janaka raja forgetting the aspect that he is BRAHMMAN.
The other one: Even today, most of the people in India are followers of the teachings of swami vivekakananada although his life tenure was very limited only for ~ 35 yrs and his personal attitude towards sister nivedita was questionable for some time as she was very close to Maa Sarada. Irrespective of any thing he is the awake of the youth in India and none questions his integrity.
The Best one is: Bala Brahmmachari Mahesh served the lotus feet of Kasi Shankaracharya Brahmananda Saraswati for 10 years (24X7&365) before initiation and 10 yrs after initiation before he went to western counties to start  the transcendental movement technique. During his stay at rshikesh, some of the western people during their course programmes (BEATLES) had complaints about his personal advancement with some of the woman disciples and the so called woman disciple once mentioned that even if christ come infront of them they should have done the same. What I mean to say all these are media created hypes only, may be little reality may  exists as we have not seen the things, I am not fully supporting these type of incidents.
Finally the BEATLES made a word tour by incorporating his techniques/Leasons in their MUSIC albums and their one of the best was JAI GURU DEV.
The recent one which happened in this year in my research filed at Delhi for which I avoid in taking the name of the person. A girl student who worked under the guidance of senior, well known, established scientist in the field of immunology for 10 yrs, made advancement in her professional personal life with that scientist and stepped over in all aspects got all the benefits out of it along with a Ph.D, research experience & a permanent job. All these are wonderful if you look up the issue from outside. The enemy colleagues of that scientist made a trap for him by making a complaint by that girl turned woman about that scientist for his advancement, harassment at workplace (although everything is mutually concerned) , committee was formed, evidences found that scientist was  guilty, issue was in media coverage for the last 2 yrs and the End result was sacking of that scientist from his job by all the higher officials and learned members by promoting that woman to higher level further.
As I am not in favour of that scientist or disfavour of his student, my view is both are guilty as they wasted most valuable time of many people for almost 3 years by making it as a big nusance issue. They can easily resolve the issue privately but it was so complicated.
These are only my personal view & not intended to comment or to take any negativity in all these aspects.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara