[Advaita-l] GURU Principle

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 17 05:26:22 EDT 2019

Yes Andrew Cohen is a classic example of the pitfall of pre-mature
guru-dom.

one should be very careful in that case to handle or interacting with these type of people as Sh. murali's e-mail & Raghava Kumar's words to be taken attentively and one should be well prepared to keep away from this type of people & not to fall in their traps.

Other than this person, I have few examples to tell and caution to all the followers of Guru's & who are in search of advait-vedantic knowledge to be carefull with these pre-mature guru-dom perosnlalitites who are toxic like snake venoms & causing danger to the society.

There were occasions of pariShad-vyApAra or advaita-conferences where different
Advaita gurus would discuss, share and maybe even spar on some ideas of the
Advaita teaching.

Some of the premature people who does this type of activity will remain as business oriented persons only and they can never reach a state of enlightenment in their life and for get about becoming a Guru or a Master.

Once It happened to me to visit Hardiwar/rishikesh some time back and in that visit  I have gone to different ashrams in rishikesh in search of truth/brahmman. I dont name here that ashram or the person, But  I will mention my experience there. I could able to collect few books from that ashram which are of his guru's and this person was in so dielama and in utter confusion towards his business oriented skills. He continued in that approach and wants to make fools of several people there by taking the example of " How the blub is glowing", what is making it to glow & several non-sense stories to make the mockery of his guru's knowledge. He could not able to understand the single fact that all the people present there came to that place because of his guru's works/name/fame and not for his business oriented skills. How ever that person was successful in  his approach and got huge money in that one house session from several people.

Take home message is that you can cheat people for the sake of earning money but you can never reach enlightenment  in the respective lifes which can be obtained with non-profit approach of seva bhava only.

Another one, I would like to mention is that there used to be a lot of people around my master during his sadhana period and he used to tell/initiate with  mantra's to all which ever suits to them and he never used to allow all people sit together and making gossiping of the vidya. This quality was observed by several time and once I asked him about this and the reason not to allow to discuss the different aspects during their mantra purascharana. His answer enlightened me that if you allow them to talk or discussing the different aspects of the vidya they will remain there only and they can never reach the enlightenement..  They will start discussing what was told to you and what was told to other, I am junior & he is senior and remains themselves by making a sat sung group or society in their guru's name and can'T progress in the sadhana and enlightenment or Realization is very difficult in they fails in the initial sadhaana period.

I am not telling not to do all the welfare things or contradicting their works, but warning the seekers to not to fall in those traps so that you for get where you have started.
There exists some good people who does nice charity works in remembrance of their guru's
name.

PLEASE BE AWAY FROM THE BUSINESS ORIENTED PRE-MATURED GURU TITLE HOLDERS and does not allow them to do their vyapara in this advatic-karmic land in the name of passing or transferring knowledge for which I will take the initiative in due course of time.

Sri GURU Padaravindarpana Mastu

Kameswara