[Advaita-l] GURU Principle

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 04:35:22 EDT 2019

Traditionally all Advaita gurus had peers whom they respected and were not
in a single man show kind of set-up with their disciples. There were
occasions of pariShad-vyApAra or advaita-conferences where different
Advaita gurus would discuss, share and maybe even spar on some ideas of the
Advaita teaching.

The cultish feel of modern-day gurus is wholly different from the earlier
idea of Advaita gurus being part of a community of other gurus, rather than
islands by themselves with the disciples in an echo chamber where they were
unable/afraid to critically analyse things.

Om
Raghav