[Advaita-l] CHANDI NAVAKSHARI - DURGA SAPTHASATI

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 4 19:30:24 EDT 2019

This is just a beginning for the spiritual aspirant. The spiritual aspirant has a long way to go till he merges in Absolute. Sruti says “Atma Vaare Drshtavyah, Srotavyah, Mantavyah, Nidhidhyasitvyah". The Flash of Divine Consciousness in his Intellect is the first step towards the Journey. The nature of the Consciousness has to be logically analysed with the help of scriptures and at each and every step one has to do comparative analysis between what has been said in the scriptures with his own experience. Has to be reflected upon, meditated and prepare oneself for final union with the Divine. These 3 cycles are the 3 phases of the spiritual aspirant that pave the way for Jiva-Brahma- Aikya. Annihilating the two tendencies desire to be many which is Bahu-bhava Iccha (Kaitabha) and sense of seeking pleasure by becoming manifold which is Bahutva Ananda (Madhu) in the 1st cycle, enters into the 2nd cycle which is Madhyama Charita.
Although In one of the previous e-mails, Sh. Sankaranarayanan, very senior member of ambal/advaita-list mentions once that Chandi parayana (Reciting of Druga Saptasati -700 slouches),  that it should be only ment for Parayana's/recitations & No where it was  mentioned the same to perform Havan.(i don't have reference to contradict his statement) But I disagree here. Since All actions & activities are performed for Kamyabadi (sprituality/money/profession/fame/children/health/or any materialistic things), so inorder to reach god/godess, it should be through fire i.e Havan only. So There is nothing wrong to perform Chandi Havan although  there is no mention of its havan form in the scriptures.  As for a Kamyabadi parkriyas or to full fill any desires, one can perform samputikarana i.e recite the targeted (ichha) sloka infront of all the Chapters for the recitation to Parayana/ or Havan so that it will leads to its results. In reailty, It happens in Practically also for which I have many examples in the several people's life's.
We used to perform several Chandi Yagams during Navaratri auspicious days (that was the reason to post these series of writeups to remember those things with my understandings) in the presence of lotus feet over a period of time,  My Master used to use 13 fruits/vegatables one for each adhyaya's  whose references he collected using difference source by combining the attributes of the goddess in different chapters which I mentions here.
After the completion of each chapter we used to recite: नमो देव्यै महादेव्यै शिवायै सततं नम:। नम: प्रकृत्यै भदायै नियता: प्रणता: स्मताम्।।, Sangayeyi, saparivarayei, savahanayeyi, (kali chamunda deveyei) (mahalakshmeyi/mahasaraswatyei/shkati lakshemyei/chahnes for the goddess of that particular chapter), Nagavavalli dhalairyuta kunkumarchita sagrhutam________particular fruit, hosyami nama swaha for each chapter.
1. Kapittha (Kait/Velaga), 2. Narikela phalam 3. Madhu pushpam (vippa/Mauha). 4. Phugi Phalam (poka/betal Nut intact) 5. Bijapura (jama/gauva) 6. Narikela Phalam (sri phalam, repetition here being mahalakshmi as the main godess for this chapter) 7. Ikshu khandam (Ganna/cheraku/sugar kane stick) 8. Kushmanda  Khandam (gummadi/pumplin peice) 9. Combination of 7&8, 10.Maulunga Phalam (Madi phalam used in ayruveda medicine, may be a big citrus fruit family member with big seeds) 11. Diadem phalam (Anar / Pomegranate) 12. Bill phalam (Maredu) 13. Kadal Phalam (Arati /Banana fruit)

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara