[Advaita-l] SCOPE OF PRARABDHA

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Mon Nov 11 19:57:34 EST 2019

Dear Members,                         Although Prarabdha Karma can be burnt off in the wealth of knowledge and we discussed this aspect several times by several list members. But, I found some interesting on this topic from Acharya in vivekachudamani from 446-464 in the chapter 30.
We used to have cinema scope during 60-70's which is nothing but the compression of the actual image on the screen although original image was bigger than it looks on the cinema scope. The individual's prabradha can get dissoleved in the Jnana, there is no doubt in that, How ever, we can't keep idle some thing mirqaquel may happen, one should do keep performing actions (karma) and be prepared for the fruits of that karma, so that ti will reduce the prarabdha.
Perception of outside objects is seen in one who engaged in contemplation and veda's also supports for Prabaradha  exists for him whose fruits were seen and it is due to the fact that individual contemplated only on brahman & not yet realized.
As long as there is experience of happiness, Prarabdha is granted, The rising of fruits is preceded by action and can never exists without any action. Acharya insists on by direct realisation that "I am  Brahmman ", the accumulated karma earned during the various births/kalaps gets destroyed just like as some waked up from dream.
The karma which has begun to fructify before the rise of knowledge is not destroyed bt the knowledge without yielding its own fruit, just like an arrow discharged towards a target. An arrow which is discharged with the idea that the object aimed at is a tiger will not stop when it is learned latter that is a cow but will surely hit the object aimed with force.
Prarabdha is no doubt very strong and its destruction is only by experiencing it even for the knower, the complete destruction of action accumulated before or done later on is caused by the fire of proper realisation. But one who realises that their self is merged in the oneness of brahmman, prarabdha doesn't exists at all at any time.
Acharya logically explains that body is created by the karma, let prabradha karma be ascribed to it and SELF is not at all creation of Karma.
These are taken from the Book 'Viveka Chudamani' by Sri Jnanada Bhrathi swamigal
Learned are requested to contribute their views

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara