[Advaita-l] Learning Veda Electronically

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Sat May 11 14:45:18 EDT 2019

Dear Sir,                I don't find any fault in learning the veda electronically to which one should be self-inclined & motivated. Present scenarios doesn't allow us to go to gurukul and learn the vedas.However, one should be very carefull in swara as 'vuchharana doshas may change the entire meaning. I mean where to stop, where to give strectch, Aundatta, Udatta and repetition in the same order. No single exemption or committing of the words is allowed as it will changes its meaning totally.
I practised most of the sahasranama stotra's after initiation electronically only by exactly repeating along with the swara of the teacher.
On a lighter note, I have one example to share which i heard from my elders:
In the naimisaranaya(nimsar), Suta was performing the  Sarapa Yagam and he was chanting takshaka Ya svaha! and Indra takshaka ya savaha ! like this. It was happening that all snakes of belong to takshaka family are falling into the havankund and one of the snake name was indra and it was also fallen.
Like this most of the snakes of Takshaka are falling into the havan and matter went to the king of the snakes i.e TAKSHAKA, to save his life he went and hided under indra simhasana so that no one can find him. Suta was so powerfull  and he started chanting 'Sahendra Taskhaka Ya svaha' i.e to fall the king of the snakes along with indra simahasana and it happened that indra simhasana was started moving to fall in his havankund and all gods were alerted, went to sutra and requested him to stop his yagam, if all snakes goes aways, it will be danger to the humanity.
I don't know whether it was really happened or not, but this was the story told by my maternal grand father several time while I was practising mantapushpam, srisuktam, purushasuktam.
What I mean to say is that 'SWARA' has a bing role in learning the veda's electronically and it can be corrected easily when you are neater to the guru who teaches that. Better thing could be learn electronically and finally you can practise the same couple of times with the proper person who can check the swara whenever possible.
Pls don't mind my lengthy reply.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara