[Advaita-l] My article for Shankara Jayanthi

Nithin Sridhar sridhar.nithin at gmail.com
Thu May 9 09:41:07 EDT 2019

Dear sir,

You are correct that Moksha is not a state or a realm to be attained. But,
it appears to be so so from a Vyavahara perspective. As long as we are in
the world and are bound by ignorance, the state of Moksha appears like a
goal (hence, considered Purushartha as well). I only mean in that sense.

Regards,
Nithin

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 6:54 PM sreenivasa murthy <narayana145 at yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> Dear Sri Nitin Sridhar,
>
> You  write : " It  is  the  attainment  of  such  rare  and
>  most  precious  Moksha,  which  the  Acharya  puts
>  forth  as  the  phalashruti  of  this  text."
> Is  the word "attainment"  correct?  Where  can  one
> attain  such  rare and  most  precious Moksha?
> Has  Moksha  to  be  attained?
> Is  this  what  Sri  Shankara  means  or  it it  what  you  mean?
> What  is  Moksha  in  Sri Shankara's  own  words?
> He  says : nityatvAt   mOkShasya  sAdhakasvarUpAvyatirekAcca ||
> Kindly note the word "sAdhakasvarUpAvyatirekAcca".
> What  does  it  mean?
> Does  it  mean  it  has  to  be  attained  newly?
> I  fear  your  statement  goes  against  the  above  teaching
> of  Sri  Shankara  very  much  and  is  misleading  the  readers.
> Moksha  is  prAptasya prAptiH.
> With  respectful namaskars,
> Sreenivasa Murthy
>

> On Thursday, 9 May, 2019, 5:32:25 pm IST, Nithin Sridhar via Advaita-l <
>

> Dear all,
>
> Here is my article for Shankara Jayanthi-
>
> http://www.indictoday.com/thoughts/the-garland-of-knowledge-a-glimpse-into-brahmajnanavalimala-of-adi-shankaracharya/
>
> It is a short English commentary on the opening verse of the wonderful text
> of Brahmajnanavalimala of Adi Shankaracharya.
>
> Regards,
> Nithin S

Nithin S