[Advaita-l] What If Time Is an Illusion?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 02:25:21 EST 2019

Pranams Sri Sadananda Ji,

Checked  Panchadashi-Chapter 11. There is no reference to  presence of  akhanda
aakaara ajnaana vRitti in sushupti.

On the other hand, verse 11-65 mentions arising of ajnAna vRittis during
sushupti. Both the commentators Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Achyutaraya Modak
mention that this is supported by Sri VivaraNAchArya. Sri Modak, against
verse 11-66, also cites, in support of this, from NyAyaratnAvaLi, a
commentary on SidhAnatabindu of Sri MadhusUdana Saraswati by Sri
BrahmAnanda Saraswati

<< “ साक्षिस्वरूपसुखस्वरूपाज्ञानस्वरूपाकारा
निर्विकल्पास्तिस्त्रोऽविद्यावृत्तयः सुषुप्तौ जायन्ते “  इति
विवरणेंऽगीकृतमिति ॥ >>

<< “ sAkShisvarUpasukhasvarUpAj~nAnasvarUpAkArA
nirvikalpAstistro.avidyAvRRittayaH suShuptau jAyante “  iti
vivaraNeM.agIkRRitamiti || >>

Since avidyA vRittis in plural is mentioned, I am not sure if the term  akhanda
aakaara ajnaana vRitti in sushupti  is appropriate. Confirmation of its use
by some commentator  would have been useful.
Regards

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 7:55 PM kuntimaddi sadananda <
kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:

> << That is what sushupti or deep sleep state implies - the absence of
> subject-object duality - hence the ignorance - or akhanda aakaara ajnaana
> vRitti >>.
>
> Can you please give some reference to where this akhanda aakaara ajnaana
> vRitti during sushupti is mentioned. I have not come across such a
> statement.
> Chandramouliji - PraNAms
> I think it is discussed in the 11th Chapter of Panchadashi - I think there
> was some discussion with Subbuji and late Shreeman Sastriji. I am not sure
> Swami Paramarthanandaji covered this chapter.
> Shree Subbuji can help.
>
> Hari Om!
> Sadananda

<https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=c38b8036-11b2-4cda-8073-9f1b65c98183>
I’m
protected online with Avast Free Antivirus. Get it here — it’s free forever.
<https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=c38b8036-11b2-4cda-8073-9f1b65c98183>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>