[Advaita-l] No Parinama in Brahman says Shankara Bhagavatpada

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 03:51:26 EDT 2019

Namste Praveen Ji,

A quick initial response, covering  just one fundamental point (in my
view).

Reg  << True, but this was already covered with tucCha and mithyA. However,
he is not convinced as to how something non-existent can derive from
brahman as it is non-existent >>,

 Well. Certainly I expected this question, but from Sudhanshu Ji !!.  In
fact , in my view, that is the crux of the problem  being discussed. Well,
the answer is,  it is an axiom in logic that  only an “ Existing “ entity
can have any activity like appearence.  And not a nonexisting entity.  It
is a Declaration, to be accepted as  truth, without any questions. It is
based on this, and other axioms as well,   as foundation that the logical
structure is built. This position, that it is an axiom and not an
established truth in logic,  is what is completely overlooked in the
objection raised above.

Shruti ( as interpreted by Sri Bhagavatpada) does not accept such a
position. For a logical reasoning o this, one can see Advaita Sidhi, pp
138-141, consideration of second definition of mithyatva, reply to
objection that there is no difference between the lakshanas of asat and
mithya, both being nonexistent in all three periods of time. Of course, it
is not presented there in response to a query similar to the one raised
here nor in the form I have presented here. But it certainly  furnishes a
clue to our current question.

Regards