[Advaita-l] No Parinama in Brahman says Shankara Bhagavatpada

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 02:36:01 EDT 2019

Namaste.

Following line of reasoning can be tried.

J (jagat) and  A (asat) are two entities which are nonexistant. Third
Entity B (Brahman) which is Ever Existant, Changeless (Nitya) entity.
Difference between J and A is that J can and does   derive from B its
ability to Appear as an existant entity while A is unable to do so. This by
its mere proximity to Brahman and not by any effort on the part of Brahman.
( Usual illustration of Sun and its activating effects  on entities in
Jagat with no effort on the part of Sun . Needs no repetition ).   All
changes are confined to  within Jagat. And none in Brahman. All experiences
are for entities in Jagat, Again the ability to have experience derived by
concerned entities  from  Brahman, with no change or experience for Brahman.

This is the position of the Shruti.

Regards

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 10:27 AM Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <