[Advaita-l] Nirguna Brahman as the source of TriguNa Avyaktam

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 22:17:41 EDT 2019

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 7:12 AM Sudhanshu Shekhar <sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> V Subramanian ji,
>
> //Actually it is not the 'birth' of Maya but only its manifesting itself
> at the beginning of creation. //
>
> Are not these mere words? Whether manifesting or born -- even a bit of
> happening anything -- will result into violation of nishkriya-tva of
> Brahman. No matter how many words we use, at the root point, there will
> always remain the charge of violation of nishkriya-tva of Brahman. I have
> not been able to solve this issue and therefore there is no intellectual
> satisfaction either.

This problem is not there since the term 'sannidhi maatrena'.  There is no
'intent' on the part of NB for anything to happen. Lord Krishna in the Gita
has said 'svabhaavastu pravartate' thereby absolving NB of any action,
volitional or otherwise, in respect to anything connected with creation,
sustenance...bandha moksha.

Even in the very section on Antaryami, in the Br.Up. Shankara uses the term
'sAkshimAtra sAnnidhyena'    ईश्वरसाक्षिमात्रसान्निध्येन  3.7.3. मया
अध्यक्षेण of the Gita also means the same.

regards
subbu