[Advaita-l] Partlessness of Brahman and Maya

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 02:35:13 EDT 2019

Namaste Subbuji,

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 11:39 AM V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can we say the above with respect to the mula prakriti maya as it is
> admitted to remain over during pralaya as the support/container of all
> jivas/beings that existed in the previous cycle, and will be ejected out
> from this abode in the next creation cycle? At  pralaya it is called
> avyakta.  What I think is meant in the above line cited by you is that it
> is applicable to all created entities and not to the very kaaraNam that is
> prakriti.
>
>> <listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org>

My thinking is the following. mAyA is kAryAnumeya, i.e. since we cognise
kAryaguNas, we bring in saguNatvaM in brahma and that is through
triguNAtmika mAyA as upAdAnakAraNa. upAdAnakAraNa does change and vyaya
being a change, mAyA vyeti.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */