[Advaita-l] Mantra Japa during grahana.

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jul 17 19:08:45 EDT 2019

I dare not to question my wife about pUja room and idols malinatvaM due to grahaNa, at home I promptly follow whatever she says.  As you know, being  gruhastha, we need peace of mind at home

On a lighter note, pl don't mind , Home ministry is very powerfull ministry at the house for gruhastha. I never put any questions/do advises or argues at home out of my bitter experience of many years. Ultimately they are our thoughts of our mirror images/self-reflections with mighty woman power. Unless otherwise, they seeks advise/ or ask , we shouldn't give attention to the things happening in the house. ahahaha!
I would like to mention one aspect which generally does by many people during the grahana kala period.
There is one Rokali, i don't know what it is called in english or hindi, it can be a long 6-7feet height round stcik with some width, mounted  with some iron/stainless steel cover at the bottom. It is generally used in olden days to make a poweder for haldi, red-mirchi, rice atta (traditional) in the Rolu when we don't have the grinding machines technology.
Interestingly, If this Rokali was kept in a petal plate with some water inside, it stands still during the grahanakala period which never happens at normal times, as it simply falls immediately if u make stand the rokali in a plate.
Initially I also didn't believed this aspect as there is no scientific reason involved in this, but even my self performed this couple of times during the garhana kala period in the village, I also could not understand the happening for the rokali to stand. It happens, I did this experiment to prove the orthodoxy traditional practises are wrong and finally found that my intention was wrong as those traditional practise were right without any scientific explanations. The rokali stands still in the water trough plate until the grahana kala is over and fall down immediately after the finish of the Graham.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara

దస్త్రం:Rokali.png - వికీపీడియా

|  |  |

|  |
దస్త్రం:Rokali.png - వికీపీడియా

    On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 4:40:39 pm IST, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

 praNAms
Hare Krishna

Answer is Yes, We have to see all these from the Vedanta Perspective  rather than blindly following Traditional practices. There is one extraordinarily expert since 100 yrs in Shivagama shastra namely Gauripati Shastri ji in a village called 'Bhatnavilli' of Godavari district and it seems he recently left his mortal coil by making his sons, grand sons as experts in that field. They only performs, Shiva linga girnodhharana, kalyanam, rudara homam ..etc in our sivalaya temple since many years. I will try to get some information for Pramana  for this Grahana Kala Malina of the temple from them.

> Thanks, I am more particular to know how deity / deva / devata get dirty during grahaNa.

However, my experience with my grand father says that: he used to insists me to keep  the Kusa agra i.e Darbha in the puja mandira of the house and as well also on dhanyagara, Store house (long kept pickles). I asked why so? He said to me that Darbha is always auspicious as it was borned from mother mitti matruka. Even it is ever pure than the 'Grutham' (Ghee). So he says in the Grahana Kala we never know, any negative energies (Rakshasa Gana's), may enters the house easily  as they were  very active during that period. As Rahu, ketu are belongs to Asura's class initially, so after seeing the darbhas in the house, they will not dare to live or continue to present there due to the purity of the house by the presence of the darbhas.

>  Yes, this is followed at my home as well.  Yesterday, overhead tank, sump, all groceries, vegetable basket, inside fridge including TV, music system, devatAgAra etc. completely darbha maya.  I dare not to question my wife about pUja room and idols malinatvaM due to grahaNa, at home I promptly follow whatever she says.  As you know, being  gruhastha, we need peace of mind at home 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar