[Advaita-l] REFERENCES FROM VARIOUS PURANAS, UPANISHADS, SASTRAS WHERE VISHNU, RAMA, KRISHNA DON BHASMA TRIPUNDRA AND VISHNU IS A PARAMA SHIVA BHAKTA

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 04:28:18 EST 2019

Namaste Bhaskarji
The context is that

1. "There are numerous references from shAstras which refer to Vishnu as a
Shiva Bhakta etc." - the advaitic members are only pointing to a fact. Its
not a conclusion

2. None of the advaitic members has ever made any conclusive statement to
the effect that "therefore Shiva is superior to Vishnu".

 I request not to conclude hastily and wrongly state that "therefore even
advaitins are being bigoted in proclaiming that Shiva is superior". It is
patently unfair to those who are posting these references and misrepresents
their position.

 'Point 1" is a rejoinder to the unstated bigoted Vaishnava nyAya syllogism.

The Vaishnava logic being that
'Vishnu is sarvottama' - sAdhya
'because Shruti Smriti purANas all refer to that.' - hetu

It is necessary to show the vyabhicAri vaishnava hetu by showing numerous
references which indicate 'Shiva is superior to Vishnu'.

Conclusion : brahmAtma which is nirguNam and nirAkAram is the truth

None of the posters has given any bigoted *conclusion* of their own - they
are merely drawing attention to facts. That there are references which talk
on n different ways. No more no less.

Om
Raghav